In general, it's really just a matter of avoiding getting kicked in the baby area. And not falling down. I hear us pregnant ladies fall dwn a lot. I haven't fallen down yet, but I have walked into the coffee table at least half a dozen times. Does that count?
For the kind of taekwondo I practice (WTF/Olympic style), this boils down to:
- No sparring, not even light contact or no contact, because accidents can happen. I mean, I was sparring a six year old over the summer and he managed to punch me in the eye. At least I think that was an accident.
- No self-defense practice. It's the whole "don't fall down" thing, I guess.
- No jumping techniques. Cuz I might fall!
- Limited or no sit-ups, ab workouts, or strength training that requires me to be on my back. Sit ups have been feeling funny lately anyway. I don't think that part of me is in the same place as it was three months ago.
- Lots of forms. These are my favorite anyway, so yay!
- Lots of stretching.
- Lots of kicking and punching.